Thursday, February 27, 2020

Filming Blog: Filming Day

     
       The time finally came to start filming. So my group-mates got all of our props and camera essentials together and headed over to my house to film. When they first arrived we all exchanged ideas that we each had while we were apart. We knew that we would go into it with more fresh ideas because it seemed to be a reoccurrence every time we filmed. So we swapped ideas and made changes that we all agreed to. When we film I normally direct the project and act in it as well. This means that I tell everyone what the scene is going to look like and what lines are to be said. I also acted as the main character. So I had to juggle both, which is difficult but worth it. When filming we did however stumble across some problems. One was that we didn't have the lighting that the scene intended.
     In one of our scenes, when the characters are playing the game they need a pitch dark atmosphere. We did not think about this beforehand so we had to find a quick solution to this problem. We found a darker room to film the scene in and while it didn't have the original space we desired, we made it work. We ended up filming on my group mates iPhone and it worked very smoothly. We wanted to have time after we filmed to look at the footage and see how we felt, but we were on a timed schedule so we weren't able to. Fortunately the next day at class we took a look at the footage and liked what we saw. But overall filming was very successful. I am proud of how persistent we were when we filmed and all of the new ideas we came up with for the film. I am looking forward to the editing process to see everything come together. While this is the most hardworking part of film making ( in my opinion), I feel that the end result will be worth it.
A POV shot from our film

No comments:

Post a Comment