Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

 


           Yesterday, October 24th my group and I filmed our commercial. Our commercial was for Gatorade sports drinks. We had many filming locations. First we filmed all the footage we had to film on the field and then we filmed in the courtyard. This part was a bit tricky because we had a time limit when it came to the cameras battery and we had to go back to the classroom to dump our footage. During the filming process I played many different roles. For the first couple of shots I filmed them.  The first shot I found was two of my group members running on the track.  Shooting this was quite difficult because I had to get many different angles and shots.  On many of the shots I had to crouch down and even lay on the grass, in order to portray our visions. I also had to check the shot before I filmed it . I did this by checking the lighting and making sure that the background of the shot was clear.
           Furthermore,  I shot many other scenes. Over the whole  filming course I mainly was in charge of the camera. This is because I had prior camera experience, and I knew how to operate it the best out of my group.  Using the camera was  hard but fun. This is because my group and I could collaborate and use our artistic differences to get a clear vision across.  And I was able to film that vision. I also came up with a lot of the creative shots.  I then filmed my other teammates playing soccer. Filming this was a little more difficult because it wasn’t stationary, it was mobile.  So, I had to keep up with her running with the ball and scoring  goals.  I also had to make sure the camera wasn’t shaky in the shots, because we didn’t want to use a tripod and have it be stable we wanted the  shot to look like someone was running  and playing on the field with her.
             Also, I was in some of the shots also.  For the shots I was and I had to change into exercise clothes.  The first shot I was in  was a shot of me doing yoga. I had to bring a yoga mat and other workout gear for this. First it was me in calm yoga stances like child’s pose and warrior.  But then I started doing more intense workouts. Our vision for this was that when it was the calm poses the score would fade out and it would be calm noises and then it would jump cut to the score beginning again with the intense workouts. These shots were fun to be in and I really enjoyed acting in them.  Another shot I was in was me drinking my Gatorade after the workouts. Each one of my teammates did the same shot, so we wanted it to all be sequential. Lastly,  I was in a shot with all of my teammates and we were sitting in front of the Gatorade bottles. So overall I really enjoyed the filming experience and the roles I played.

No comments:

Post a Comment