Sunday, October 6, 2019

                                            Introductory

              Hello, my name is Sophia and I'm a 10th-grade student at Fort Lauderdale High School.
At school, I take lots of important classes that are specified to the career path I chose. Some examples of those classes are Criminal Justice and AICE English law. In Criminal Justice class we learn all about the justice system and the criminals of that system. Right now in that class, I am learning about different types of killers and what is going through their minds when they are doing these killings. These topics highly interest me because I am so fascinated by their psychology and mindset. The second class is AICE English law which id an English class but unlike the other classes, this class is specified for students who want to have a career in law. In that class, we learn the regular English curriculum but also learn subtle things about law. If you can't already tell I want to have a career in law or criminal justice. I either want to be a lawyer or be a criminal psychologist. I cant chose because both interest me so much so my goal this year is to do more research and find out which career suits me more.
             Outside of school, I have many hobbies. I love singing, dancing and painting. A hobby that I do the most would be singing. I have been singing for as long as I can remember, I used to sing to High School Musical CD's in my room with my Disney karaoke machine. I just can't imagine my life without singing. I used to do musical theater at a young age for around 2 years and I loved it. I will never forget my first play which was the wizard of oz. I played the good witch and I had a bright pink dress with a crown and a magic wand. I then started to sing in church which I enjoyed. I would sing at church every Sunday with a choir and we sang so many church songs. I sing everyday its just a part of me. I remember when I was younger and even now I would get so upset when I lost my voice that I would cry because I wasn't able to sing. Dancing is also a huge part of my life. I have always had an on and off relationship with dance. I started to dance when I was 3 years old and did it until I was around 6. I stopped dancing because I wanted to try other sports and see if there was anything else I liked. After this, I soon knew that nothing fit me better than dancing did. So I joined another dance studio but I was getting bullied by the girls there because I had no friends so my mother and I started studio hopping looking for new studios everywhere. I joined a few and stayed for a while but something always came up I either lived too far away or the studio was too expensive. This was a continuous process that went on until I was around 12. Currently, I don't belong to a studio but I am looking for one because even though I dance at home it's not the same.
             Also, I love painting. I am not the best at painting and I never have been but I love to paint blank canvasses. I normally paint sunrises or landscapes. Painting is just so relaxing to me and never fails to de-stress. I also love to travel. Traveling is so fun because you can learn so much about so many cultures and also see what so many beautiful things places have to offer. And of course, eat different and delicious food. I have been so fortunate to travel to a lot of beautiful places. I have traveled to Jamaica, Mexico, Haiti, Bahamas, and many U.S. states. Most of the places I have been to has been from a cruise ship. My grandmother took my mom on so many cruises when she was younger and she enjoyed them so much so y mom wanted to do the same thing for me. When I went to Haiti I rode the longest zip-line over water in the world and it was so amazing. Jamaica was the most beautiful place I have been to. When I was there I rode dune-buggies through a huge fruit field and it was so gorgeous. I just remember seeing the beautiful mountains through the fruitful trees. Then we went tubing in the lakes and ate amazing Jamaican food. Mexico is a country that I have been to many times and it is so gorgeous. I would relax on the beaches and eat authentic Mexican food. Traveling gives me a chance to see what life is like outside of my world. So that's me, crazy, artistic and adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment