Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

       We are finally starting our final task. I am very excited to be starting this final task because of the film aspect. In the other projects it was either a music video or a commercial, but this time it’s the start of an actual film. I’ve always been fantasized by film and the process of making a film. So finally being able to produce a film and think of film ideas is very exciting. I truly enjoy this class because it interests me a lot. I’ve always enjoyed producing things. Since I was a kid I would make my friends be in my music videos or make short films about Barbies. I enjoyed the music video project a lot because my group and I found many strengths we never knew we had. We all found the aspects of the process that we were best at. My group members are Katia, Nadia and Jade.
       Throughout this year I have progressed in my film-making skills. I have always had some skills when it comes to cameras because I have always owned one growing up. But since this class I have gained more knowledge on cameras. For example I now know how to use a camera to do professional shots and movements. I have also learned a lot more about editing. I used to be able to do the basics of editing like trimming the clips or putting them in order. Now I know how to do many different things in the softwares. This includes adding transitions, adding sounds and videos from online. I am mostly excited to use my camera skills in this final project because I feel that they would be most useful. I would be able to use my skills to film better shots and make the movie look better.
      My group and I have come up with many pitch ideas for this final task. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Usually with one sentence.  We have come up with many interesting film ideas. The first idea is about a group of friends hanging out and while playing truth or dare, they are dared to play a Ouija board and unleash a dark spirit. Our other pitch is about two sisters that are hanging out at the beach and get separated and one finds out that the other was kidnapped and she has to go on a mission to save her sister. Lastly, a woman died and everyone is at her funeral and as it pans through their loved ones their memories together show and at the end she comes alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment