Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog : Making changes



         The last time I blogged I talked about starting the editing process. I also spoke on how the footage of my title sequence changed from what we originally planned it to be. And that when it came to editing this sequence,  I had to change up the things that looked out of place. The first thing that I changed were the fonts. For the original titles, we wanted it to take on a scary/creepy vibe. The color was going to be black and the titles would match with the horror conventions. But last minute my group and I changed the footage and the font and color changed with it. We were originally going to film the friends coming in and greeting the main character and we would add the scary looking titles in to foreshadow something going wrong. But our change in footage didn't fit this font because of the new feel of the clips.
        We instead decided to go with a lighter feel. We felt that this would help the horror and suspense come out of nowhere. This would shock the audience and give an element of surprise. We decided on a getting ready title sequence. The main character is shown cleaning up the house to prepare for company and fixing her appearance. Once we played the sequence back we saw that the footage didn't have the horror vibe to it and once we placed the original fonts this became more apparent. So, I went back and changed the fonts to a more soft feel. Once this was implanted, everything went a lot better and made a lot more sense. After this was added we had to work on cutting the footage because we had over 2 minutes. We also had to add sounds and music.






     



No comments:

Post a Comment