Sunday, March 8, 2020

Editing Blog: The start of editing


       For the peer review we had to have a completed movie. So we had to start editing. The first thing that we did was pick which clips we wanted to use. We had many different ones from all of our takes, so we had to decide. We went through all of our clips and made our decisions on which clips looked better for each scene. Once this was done we were able to place our footage into iMovie. iMovie is the editing software that we are using. We have used this software on our other projects so we were confident in it. So we imported all of the clips into the software. Once they were in we had to make sure they were in the correct order.
    This part was a bit challenging since a lot of the dialogue clips looked fairly similar. So for a lot we had to go into each clip and see which was which. This part was mostly done by my group mate Katia. She did this part in our other projects so naturally it was done here. While Katia finished this part up I planned out the title sequence. I did pre-plan the titles, but we changed up the footage for our title sequence. Since the footage changed many other aspects did as well. I didn't know what would change so I did the title sequence the way it was planned before. I did this so I could go back and see what did and didn't fit with the mood of the new footage. Lots of things looked out of place and didn't go with the look of our new footage, so I got to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment