Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog

     
       After my group and I experienced the  technical difficulties I spoke about in my last blog, we had faith that next class we would be able to edit our blog successfully.  So, the class after that we attempted to edit our blog again. We grabbed a school laptop and logged onto pinnacle studios, but there was something wrong again. The videos were very laggy and hard to edit fully. We asked our teacher why the clips appeared like this And she told us it was normal and would be solved at the end of the process. My group and I after experiencing more technical difficulties, decided to use a different editing software. This was a risky move because if the app crashed or anything happened to our footage it would be our fault, but we were willing to take that risk. This is because  pinnacle studios was making it very hard to see each second of our shot so that we could edit it the exact way we wanted to. And because we had a clear vision for the commercial, we wanted to use a software where we could get across that vision as well as possible. So, my group and I decided to use iMovie.
           We wanted to use this software because we saw that other students were using it to.  And we were all familiar with the software, and I have actually edited a couple of videos on that software before. So the next class we started to work on iMovie. We downloaded the videos  off of our Google Drive and onto one of our phones so that we could edit iMovie off of there. We could’ve used one of our Apple computers, but none of us had it on us that day and we liked the phone better because it was easier to pass around. When we started editing my other group mate  imported the videos onto the software. I mainly was in charge of putting the videos in order and cutting them. What this meant was that I had to go through all the videos and cut out what we didn’t want and keep what we did. This took a while because we had over 50 videos, but with the help of my groupmates we got it done fast.  I then worked on placing the videos in order.
            How I did this was I took all of the cut videos and placed them in sequential order. My groupmates and I already had a vision on how we wanted each shot to flow and what to go after what. So this made the process a lot easier. Once the videos were in order  I then went online to see how to add music onto the software we were using.We couldn’t find a way to do it during class so we decided to go home and have each group member look it up and then we will come back the next day with ideas. So instead I started to change the transitions. There were many to choose from like dissolve, fade or a regular cut.  So I worked with my group mates and we found the best transitions for each shot. Another cool thing that I did was adjust the speed on some of the shots. Since this was an action commercial we wanted a lot of it to be fast paced. But some scenes we ended up slowing down because it added a better effect.  So the next class we ended up finishing our commercial, and we were very happy with the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment