Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming for music video

       When it comes to filming, my group and I struggled to try and find days to film that worked for all of our schedules. At first we wanted to film this weekend. The plan was to film on Sunday at around 1 o’clock. This eventually didn’t end up working out because of several reasons. Firstly , One of my group members had multiple test on that Monday and wanted to spend Sunday studying.  At first we weren’t very happy with her because my whole group was able to do that one day, but eventually we came to understand because if we were in the same position we would want to study the whole day as well. So because of this my group wasn’t able to film this weekend. We are a little upset because we  had planned out our whole day for Sunday, and even had a camera set and ready. But we all know that things like this happen and have found a diffirent weekend that works for all of us. So we all got  on a group call and discussed what days would potentially work out for us. After a while we all found that next weekend Saturday would work perfect for all of us .
      A lot of factors are  prevalent in finding a day that works for everyone. And for my group it was a lot harder to plan this than we expected. First while  planning we had to figure out where we wanted to film. We knew we wanted to film at a beach, but we then had to find a beach that was close to everyone.  So, we had to find a beach that was in the middle of where we all lived. Through this I found out that  my groupmates and I live in very different places. So when we eventually found the beach  that worked for everyone we were stoked.  So, after we found a location that we could all get to in reasonable time we also had to find rides to get us there. This was difficult for some of my group members because most of their parents had plans and couldn’t drive them to the beach. But we soon solved this problem by having some people carpool with others so now everyone has a ride. So now that we knew everyone could get there we thought that we were all set for Sunday.
       What we did not think about were other intangible factors that could affect our filming schedule. An example of this is school and schoolwork.  We didn’t think about school getting in the way of filming, because we knew we weren’t going to be filming in school. But this showed to be incorrect. I think that if my group and I viewed our schedules for that Monday before filming we could’ve seen that some people wouldn’t be able to film due to tests and schoolwork. Another intangible factor is parents plans. This is of course something we cannot control because our parents have busy jobs and responsibilities to attend to. Our parents could have a last minute responsibility to attend to and not be able to take us anymore. This would in turn make our plans fall through and have to film again. So, knowing these factors we were now able to make plans and make sure they fit around everyone’s schedules. So now my group and I have a reliable film date for our music video.  Experiencing this is a good lesson to my group and I and will help us plan better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment