Thursday, December 24, 2020

Continuing the Editing Process

    

    To continue, I had to cut each piece of footage. Once I was content with the footage I was ready to get more in depth. But before I did this, I communicated with my group mates. We all went on a call and I told them what I kept and what’s gone. We all agreed on the choices I made when it came to cutting. I reviewed with them what I was planning to further do with the footage, so that they could have an idea when they took over. After this call I felt more confident in the editing. I was able to get everyone’s approval and we were able to throw around ideas. 

      The next step and editing was to work on the transitions. This is important to have a seamless short. This is also important for any scenes that had any special editing techniques, and makes the film seem more professional. The first thing I did was add the basic transitions. This includes regular cuts in scenes that had dialogue or anything else that wasn’t special. I then focused on anything different. For example I had to change the transition to zoom for some of the scenes. This would play into the plot and requested edit. For example, for an action match scene I had to make sure the clips lined up. Not only that but I had to make sure the physical in the clips matched up. This is so that the graphic match could be easily perceived by the audience. Once the transitions were finished the last thing I did was sound.


One of our action match scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment