Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Planning to Edit our Short


    After concluding filming, we started to edit. In my last project I edited a lot of the footage. I find that I enjoy editing, because I am good at it and I like to dissect the footage. It’s also fun to see the film come to life and have pride in the finished product. So going into this I was looking forward to editing. My group and I decided to split the editing. We would each edit on separate days. After making this editing schedule, we had to distribute the footage. We filmed on my group mates phone, So we had to find a way to get the footage to all of our devices so we could edit. After a couple of tries, we created a shared album that allowed us to all view the footage. We found that this worked better than just sending the good clips. We were able to have access to bloopers and screenshots to post on our social media or blogs.

     Once this was done, it was time to start planning the editing. My group and I had many meetings on this. This year is of course a different experience for all of us. This was because last year we were able to edit as one. We could sit in class and edit with our whole group, while everyone put their input in. But because of remote learning this year that was not possible. So my group and I had to overcome this obstacle by finding ways to edit apart but together. So we came to the conclusion of splitting the editing and communicating with each other heavily so the editing stayed consistent and on the same page.



No comments:

Post a Comment