Sunday, December 20, 2020

Filming Graces Indoor Scenes

 

     The next thing to film was Graces indoor scenes. We knew that we had all of her props and the location set up, so we decided she was best to film next. Grace had a lot of background noise. Her particular plot in the short was arguing parents. At first we were going to have her dad play a role. We later decided against this because we wanted the film to connect only with the three girls. We felt it would help the audience to understand the situations better. This could also help them relate or feel for the characters. Bringing them to like the film and remember it. So, we stuck with just the three girls and thought that Graces background  noises could be made and applied later on.

     When it came to Graces scenes I filmed them. My other group mate, Lauren helped by keeping the script nearby. This was so that I would know what to film next and figure out how I could manipulate the angles and camera movements to play into the plot and Graces emotions. When filming I had to make sure the scene was set. This included getting rid of anything that was not relevant but was in the scene. I had this problem with mirrors. The room we were filming these scenes in had a lot of mirrors, so I either moved the mirror or angled the camera a bit differently. I also had to make sure every shot was perfect, no matter how it had to be achieved. For example, in one of the scenes Grace is shown upset and laying on her bed starring up at the celling. This shot was achieved by me getting on top of the bed and shooting directly over her. Once these scenes were completed we had one more sequence of scenes to complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment