Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Editing Process


         The next step was actually editing. Because we planned out the editing we were confident in starting the process. The way we scheduled our editing goes as follows. I would edit the beginning of the film, my group mate Lauren would edit the middle and my other group mate, Savanna would edit the end. Like I stated in the last blog, we made sure to communicate. This was important because of the lack of face to face we suffer from remote learning. I edited the footage on the software iMovie. I was confident in the software because it was the same one that I used last year and I knew it worked well and had everything needed. 

          The first thing I did was watch every single clip. Because this is a five minute in length film, there was a lot of footage. So to properly know what footage we had I had to watch every single one. When watching the footage I looked for significant scenes and made sure they were correct. Another thing I did was check off every scene in the script that was filmed. I did this because last year my group and I missed a few scenes to film, so I knew that this could possibly be a problem. To avoid this I made a checklist and made sure each scene was filmed. Once this was done I selected the footage. I took every piece of footage that we would need in the short and put it into the editing software. Once I had all of the clips, I started to cut them. This process was very long. I also had to make sure that this was done perfectly. I wanted to make sure everything was included and nothing was cut out that could benefit the film.




No comments:

Post a Comment