Sunday, December 27, 2020

Finishing Editing the Short

    

    After doing the major parts of editing it was time for sound. The sound was very important for our film. This is because our film is mainly silent in dialogue. Because of this we had many background noises incorporated into our film. We decided to make these noises ourselves. What we did was we found a way to make the sound into a mic. If we couldn’t exactly remake the sound, we found an object that sounded just like it. This part was a little difficult, but was worth it. Overall the sounds are very easy to make. For example the major sound that we made was arguing. We simply argued in the mic but tried to alter our voices. Once this was done, I overlapped the sound. I cut it to the certain parts that we needed it, and I lowered the volume or adjusted anything else to make the sound fit.

    After the sound was perfected this was the last step in my editing process. After this, my group and I met up again. We talked over the phone and I spoke to them about how everything went and essentially what was done. They understood and knew exactly where to take it from there. After this each group member edited the parts of the film. We had group meetings anytime someone finished and I answered any questions or any concerns. My group and I have finished the major parts of editing. We have some finishing touches to make but we can’t wait to see the final product of our short.   



No comments:

Post a Comment