Monday, December 21, 2020

Filming Salems Indoor Scenes

 

         My characters scenes were the last to film. My character, Salem had a lot of thought out scenes and more importance when it came to props and camera movements. For example, my characters plot required a pregnancy test. My group and I wanted to get that together. This was so that we could pick the right one and one that would be shown obvious on camera. After we picked up the prop we were ready to film. Before we filmed we looked over a few things. First we went through each scene so we could refresh the plot in our heads. We then set up the filming location. We did this to make sure everything was in place and visible. After this we started rolling the camera.

        These scenes were one of my favorites to film. Because this was my assigned character, I was acting in the scenes. I loved doing the acting and think I did it well. I had to make sure that each emotion was correctly conveyed. In order to do this I looked back at the script many times throughout filming. I also had to work with the camera. This meaning I had to make sure the scenes were showed the way my group and I envisioned. For example, if there was going to be a certain movement for the camera that would come into pay when editing, like a graphic match, I had to make sure that I acted in a way that would work with that edit. We also had to make sure we shot all of the scenes needed for those types of edits. Once we were done with this we cut on filming and started getting ready for editing.



No comments:

Post a Comment